Who has the X-Factor? Do I give a toss?

It’s the most anticipated event this year…. No not the Presidential election or even CERN switching on the Large Hadron collider. I am of course referring to the MASSIVE news that the X-factor winner will be decided tonight.

Naturally my previous comments are sarcastic and suggest how people’s news values can be rather, well, misplaced.

However, it’s been a revealing year for this year’s Stars in ther…. I mean X-Factor contestants. We’ve seen the whirlwind (and vomit-inducing) teenage romance of Diane Vickers (that’s right my voice doesn’t work tee hee) and grandmother’s favourite Eogogogogogoggooghan (or as I pronounce it: ughgjdnfdsjsnfsjndsf) Quinn.

A contract, which could be enforced “anywhere on earth or in the solar system,” was leaked pointing out that the contestants were legally obliged not to be unpleasant to Simon Cowell (something which TV’s Mr Nasty laughed off whilst he phoned his legal hawks to have those responsible annihilated).

Finally (and rather irrelevantly) I was given a glimpse into this world of deluded dreams and overblown egos, when I spent 2 days working amongst the production team for work experience. I have to admit I have seen the underbelly of human dignity and decency with these two days of hell where I had to contend with idiots (mostly heavy set idiots I should add) who were trying out, having a go at me for the queues not moving fast enough, which considering I was working a 10 hour shift for a mere £5 an hour is a little bit harsh. Then another set of idiots who refused to obey my instructions to stop the queues from becoming bottlenecked, complained about the organisation too. I have to say I’m glad that no one from the audition I attended made it into the final. At least there’s some justice in this world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't drink and drive or you WILL be branded with a hot iron!

The shifting sands of British voters

The Brave and the Bald